L’Oréal – Level 4 hair
Pilar: Onboarding - Customer Experience
- Explain and visualize procedures: hair salons selling L’Oréal professional haircare products follow a specific journey. Currently, everything is explained using images and text, but it does not always capture the imagination.
- Inspire other salons: L’Oréal has a lot of (luxury) hair salons. To stay up-to-date and inspire hair salons, the L’Oréal team tries to visit hair salons with new hairdressers. Since this is very time-intensive, this is done on a limited-time basis, so it is not always easy to inspire each other.
- Onboarding of new team members: in addition to the hairdressers, it is also essential for the L’Oréal team members themselves to know how the different L’Oréal products are highlighted, help them to visualize different salon concepts, learn about the procedures that are followed, etc. For this, often staff members alsovisit the salons themselves, yet it is not always easy to be able to remember everything visually and it’s time-consuming.
- Explain and visualize procedures: the 3-DEE interactive tour allows everyone to view the location 24/7 on any device. Videos and labels with text were implemented to represent the different procedures visually. This way, the customer journey is mapped out in a visual and user-friendly way.
- Inspire other salons: since anyone with the link can view the 3-DEE interactive tour, hairdressers can view many more hair salons than if they were to do so physically. Moreover, it allows them to get much more inspiration and implement it in their own way.
- Onboarding new team members: when new team members start at L’Oréal, the interactive tours allow them to get onboarded faster. They can visually discover all the procedures but also get to know the different salon concepts and hairdressers in advance thanks to the introduction video and the personal facts about the salonsthat are implemented in the 3-DEE interactive tour. In this way, when they physically visit a hairdresser, they can more easily prepare their visit. Still, after the visit, they can also more easily remember how everything looked or how everything was done.
- Differentiate from other salons: compared to a traditional salons, Level 4 hair’s customer journey differs. Among other things, the customer journey consists of many steps. Yet online, how they differentiate themselves from a traditional salon is not always clear.
- Highlighting personal touch: There is a huge focus on the personal touch at Level 4 hair. In all steps of the customer journey, the customer is the focus. Since the choice of a hairdresser is made in a very emotional and personal way, it is essential to create a bond with the customer beforehand. Currently, this is mainly done on social media, which means you need to know the hairdresser already to scroll on their social media accounts.
- Increase sales & brand awareness: in addition to loyal customers, it is also essential to attract new customers and increase sales. This is why, among other things, it is essential to rank high online on search engines, which is currently not always the case for many keywords.
- Differentiate from other salons: in addition to internal purposes, the same virtual tour was also personalized for the salons themselves for external purposes. All steps of the customer journey were explained visually to ensure that expectations were immediately set correctly. In addition, a Google maps integration was also added to the 3-DEE interactive tour so that the interactive tour visitors can immediately see how to get there.
- Highlighting personal touch: Many features were used to put the personal approach in the spotlight. How-to videos were implemented, the team was placed in the spotlight, reviews and realizations of other customers were highlighted in the interactive tour, L’Oréal’s products were added and fun facts were also communicated.
- Increase sales & brand awareness: the more interactive the 3-DEE tour is, the longer it will be viewed. That’s why many interactive features were implemented in the virtual tour. In addition, the interactive tour was also integrated on the website, ensuring that website visitors stayed longer and optimized SEO. Finally, different ways to make an appointment were also highlighted, which, together with the features that highlight the personal approach, lowers the threshold to make an appointment.