Pilar: Security - Customer Experience
- Damage: Hotel Matelote still has many authentic architectural elements from the 16th century. Although there is a chance that they eventually have damages, there is no other evidence, other than pictures, to prove the condition of the hotel before the damage.
- Requesting quotes: since the hotel contains authentic architectural elements, sometimes certain things may need to be renovated, restored, or repaired. This requires several parties to physically visit the hotel to provide quotes. Sometimes, there is also emailing back and forth if any information is missing.
- Damage: the 3-DEE virtual tour is created with a 4K camera and is made by sticking together different panoramas taken at different points in a location. Consequently, everything in a location can be viewed in a detailed and interactive way from different viewpoints. In addition, the 3-DEE virtual tour was created at a specific time, so a fixed date is also always linked to the virtual tour. Consequently, when damage occurs, the images can be consulted in detail.
- Request quotes: thanks to the integrated measuring function in the 3-DEE virtual tour, various suppliers can make a quote remotely. The virtual tour allows them to measure all walls, objects, and floors and even view and review the location without having to be there physically. This way, there’s less emailing back and forth. And as icing on the cake, decisions can be made faster since not everyone still has to be physically present and free up their schedule.
- Increase sales (on own website): Hotel Matelote is located in the center of Antwerp, where other (boutique) hotels are too. Consequently, it is a challenge to stand out both online and offline. In addition, many hotel guests book their stay on online travel agency platforms (OTAs) such as Booking.com. Since these OTAs take a lot of commission, less profit remains for Hotel Matelote. Still, getting hotel guests to book directly remains a challenge even though it is cheaper.
- Working more efficiently: since it is a small boutique hotel and the owner does everything from A to Z, he sometimes runs out of hands. Therefore, it is important to use his time efficiently and automate as many tasks as possible. Sometimes the hotel is fully rented out, which often involves many questions with many back-and-forth emails that can be very time-consuming. Moreover, this also involves multiple parties, which sometimes takes longer than it should since each decision maker has to be physically present.
- Optimize customer experience: since photos do not always reflect the right atmosphere and are often taken from certain angles, they can misrepresent what the space looks like in reality. When hotel guests have the wrong image, expectations can be set incorrectly and consequently not be met. The latter often results in dissatisfied customers and bad reviews. To avoid this, owners want to communicate with their guests transparently, so there isn’t any miscommunication.
- Increase sales (on own website): to ensure that more hotel guests book through the website, it is essential to increase online visibility. The 3-DEE interactive tour is placed on the Hotel Matelote website. Consequently, the SEO can be optimized since many website visitors view it for a long time. In addition, the transparent and detailed interactive tour ensures that guests know what to expect, thus lowering the threshold for choosing the hotel.
- Work more efficiently: unlike the owner’s availability, the 3-DEE interactive tour is available 24/7. In addition, it can also be viewed on any device and contains a lot of answers to possible questions from prospects. This minimizes back-and-forth emailing. Since it is a user-friendly tool that is easily shared, it eliminates the need for every decision-maker to be physically present and can also speed up the sales process.
- Optimize customer experience: the 3-DEE interactive tour allows the entire hotel to be viewed from different angles. As a result, guests know exactly what to expect and are not led by only viewing pictures pulled from the right angles. Hotel guests’ expectations are met, and the experience before, during, and after the visit to Hotel Matelote is optimized, thanks to the transparent and interactive tour. Consequently, this also results in more positive written and verbal reviews.