Center for Oncology Research (CORE) – University of Antwerp
Pilar: Product Placement - Customer Experience
- Attracting new funds: CORE is always looking for new donations in addition to its current funding. Attracting new funding remains their most significant challenge in speeding up cancer research.
- Putting partners in the spotlight: The center for oncological research of the University of Antwerp, also known as the CORE team, has a mission to treat all cancer patients with a treatment personalized to their type of cancer and body. A huge budget is needed to realize this research, so they work with partners. Since the speed at which the research is done depends on the budgets they receive from their partners, it is also important to put them in the spotlight as much as possible.
- Attracting new funds: the laboratory is showcased interactively together with the partners. This way, it also attracts the attention of other potential partners and is more likely to win them over.
- Putting partners in the spotlight: the 3-DEE virtual tour offers several ways to highlight current partners. In addition, the 3-DEE virtual tour can be easily shared, allowing partners to communicate it through their communication channels internally and externally.
- Increase own visibility: although the University of Antwerp is well known, CORE itself is not so well known. Therefore, all word of mouth and visibility about their research and initiatives are welcome, so they have to spend less time looking for funding and can spend more time on their research.
- Transparent communication: potential donors want to know what they are giving to and what will be done with their money. CORE also wants to do this in an original and interactive way instead of having to deliver documents to donors.
- Increase word-of-mouth advertising: currently, the word of mouth is very limited, so CORE is not getting the attention it deserves. In addition, it also makes it more difficult to attract the right partners and thus also receive budget to support their studies.
- Increase own visibility: the interactive virtual tour is a talking point when you have seen it. Since it can be placed on the website of CORE itself but also easily shared by the partners, it boosts CORE’s own (online) visibility. At the same time, the partners’ visibility is also boosted, which is an absolute win-win.
- Transparent communication: donors often want to know what they are investing in and what happens to the money. That’s why the 3-DEE virtual tour allows you to see the entire laboratory. But the virtual tour visitor can also see behind-the-scenes videos, get to know the team behind the research, and even consult other studies. Lectures and events are regularly organized, highlighted in the 3-DEE virtual tour so donors can come to them.
- Increase word-of-mouth advertising: because the 3-DEE virtual tour can be easily shared and the laboratory can be viewed interactively, donors are more likely to share it. But also, others who have seen the tour will be also be able to share it among their friends, families and peers.